Re: Is there a way to display data from database for Select Options in a form?

David Grant wrote:
Jochem,

Jochem Maas wrote:

teaching noobs to output html while (oun intended) looping thru a
result set is counter-productive. discuss.

I disagree, however, I do believe attention should be drawn to reasons
why doing so might be considered bad practice.

1. your looping a result set which involves a db connection - lots
of pontential things that could go wrong...

2. its not a centralized 'solution' - code reuse is a good thing.

3. we should encourage people to aim a little higher?

Even the longest journeys start with small steps, and asking someone new
to PHP to separate various tiers might put them off.

which I could spin as a positive thing - raising the lowest commom denominator
so to speak. besides Sue was the one that came with the many-in-one question
(i.e. how to a dynamically generate a select box AND how do I grab data from
a DB).

David