RE: Is there a way to display data from database for SelectOptions in a form?

[snip]Let's look at it another way, why 70-80 lines of code when 4 will do it
properly when done correctly?[/snip]

I agree with this line of thinking especially for a new person to php.

When I first read the solution that was so long I thought to myself "great and this person is new to php and now they are going to be scared of php."

I really think one of the appeals of php is it's simplicity of getting things done and getting those things done quickly.

Yes it's great having one function to output every select html form but is it really necessary?