Re: CSS and TablesL

On Dec 10, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Leonard Burton wrote:

That is one thing I notice is convieniently left out of the
tutorials.  If they don't know about ctl+ why would I waste time
reading their tutorial?  When I come across a tutorial on replacing
tables with CSS I look to see if it mentions the user resizing the
text.

font size in CSS is a big problem, but not really its fault. Just another problem dealing with various browsers and the PC/Mac thing. I use styleswitcher to allow for resizing. It changes style sheets, so other stuff can grow with the fonts.

The time consuming part of CSS is also about cross browser as well. If I just had to do a site for my mac, it would be a breeze. But I'd heard other browsers are used.

I still prefer pure CSS lay-outs though. I think in the long run, they save time, and they just look so damn pretty as it keeps code so clean.
-dg