Re: page duration tracking

MikeL said the following on 11/30/2005 11:39 AM:
Is there a way to incorporate some type of time in a page to track the
duration of time each individual visitor spent on a specific page with ..PHP?
I know I can keep a counter with JavaScript, but I would like it to keep
track in my stats file.
I can track & log the arrival time, but would like to either track the page
exit time, too.  It would be great to convert it to minutes:seconds for time
spent viewing the page.
I only want to track how much time someone spends on my index.php page
before they leave the page.  I can track when they click to the next page in
my site.

You can only track the amount of time between page/file loads within your own site. Record the time when a page loads and then when the person loads another page on your site you can compare the times to figure out how long they were on the previous page.

There is no reliable way to record if they leave your stie for another site or close their browser.

- Ben