Re: Re: Two version of PHP in single server

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:31:25AM +0100, Petr Smith wrote:
> Run two Apache servers, second (with old PHP version) on another port.
> Internally forward all requests to old PHP project to this second server.

you know I almost suggested this method, the only problem i had
with this is that well if the proxied server is busy it causes
extra load on the main server (due to the multiple requests)

> We tested most methods but this was the best.

I've only set up this situation for development purposes.  It would
be intersting how apache performs against proxy request vs having a
module requested on a different port.

One thing that i know could be a factor is memory usage.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory