Re: Two version of PHP in single server

Run two Apache servers, second (with old PHP version) on another port. Internally forward all requests to old PHP project to this second server.

We tested most methods but this was the best.

Petr

J.F.Kishor wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.......!

Even the second is server-parsed not cgi

Some   more  suggestions   are  welcomed,   so  we   can   succeed  in
experimentation of Two version of PHP in same server.

i haven't tried this since php3/4, but it used to be that you could
install them both (as server parsed, not one as a cgi) and then use
different file extensions (and appropriate apache entries) to direct
which php version parsed the page. e.g., we used ".php3" to use the
php3 install and ".php" for php4.

i have a sense that this may be harder (or potentially impossible)
now, but you may want to look at the apache install documentation to
see if it gives hints. there used to be information in, i believe,
the apache source install documentation explaining how to do this.

as someone else has indicated, you can (or at least should be able
to) install one version as server-parsed and the second as cgi,
though that may not meet your needs.