RE: Assistance debugging php 5.x.x

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: eric van blokland <ericvanblokland@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Nov 23, 2005 2:44 PM
Subject: Re:  Assistance debugging php 5.x.x
To: Jay Blanchard <jay.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On 11/23/05, Jay Blanchard <jay.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
> I understand your point, but I can't offer you the project as it's company
> property. Again, I will try to make a reproduce/example script.
> Meanwhile, try to believe my assumption that the PHP compiler is broken
> because:
> [/snip]
>
> Have you thought about sending your description of the problem to the DEV
> list? Again, they are going to ask for code snippets, error messages,
> items
> from the log. Code snippets or explicit examples of the code, while in the
> pursuit of solutions, would probably not violate any company
> ownership/rights issue.
>
> [snip]
> Still, to rule out any mistakes of mine, I tried the code at a
> ZendPlatform enabled server and the bug seems to disappear. Not really,
> though, because a value seem to leak to someplace else and even worse:
> while
> ZendPlatform seems te work perfectly (I can debug everything, even this
> specific piece of code) httpd segfaults when debugging this code with the
> "evil" parameter
> [/snip]
>
> Again, without seeing the specific piece of code, as a starting point, it
> would be hard for us to speculate.
>
> [snip]
> - Back to the error message: even the error message is corrupted, the
> compiler doesn't seem to know what it's doing (what would explain de httpd
> segfault with ZendPlatform: PHP does something it's not meant to do)
> [/snip]
>
> In what way is the error message corrupted?
>
> At this point we can only speak in hypotheticals. Assuming your code is
> correct the compiler is broken somehow. Without knowing what the code is
> we
> cannot begin to know how the compiler is broken.
>
> Screwed up error message:

   Cannot use a scalar value as an array  In function [fs_sso->edit()]  In
file [/include/libraries/footsteps.php] on line [834]    fs_sso->edit()

  [/structure_edit.php] on line [62]

This error is correct for all but, that the error occurs in fuction
"fs_register_property()" which is called by object "fs_sso" from function
"edit()"

I will now start stripping the code of the affected objects for an example
script, I hope (but doubt) the error will still occur in de example script