Re: Assistance debugging php 5.x.x

"Curt Zirzow" <czirzow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message *
news:<20051123052910.GE11507@xxxxxxxxxxxx*<news:<20051123052910.GE11507@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 07:41:10PM +0100, Eric wrote:

> > I would like to have some assistance in debugging php. It's about a

> > bug in php not a script of mine.

> First off there is a big difference between 5.0.x and 5.1.x as well as

> 5.0.1 and 5.0.5, what version are we talking about?

I tried it with different versions of php5 even a recent CVS of 5.1.x, the
code runs fine on all versions of 5 except for the specific anomaly

> > I can't post a bug report as I do not "exactly" know why my code is

> > suffering from a php bug. It's related to a "very" complex

> > objects-model

> If it isn't your code is there ever a known state at which it did

> work?

Yes, by just escaping a single line, the "surfaced error" doesn't occur
anymore, however, as of the simplicity of the specific line of code, I
believe the compiler is already choking without that line while errors will
begin to surface with the line included.

> > where objects, cross-referenced, wake up from a session. (note,

> > these are cross-references, not circular, all circular (parent <->

> > child) references are unset before the objects are serialized)

> This almost sounds like some douglas adams, story.. I'd wake up dizzy

> with all those circular but not circular references.

Circular references:

Object A has Object B, while Object B has a "parent" attribute which is
referenced back to its parent: Object A

Cross-referenced:

Object A has a child Object X, Object B also has a child, it's a reference
to the very same Object X

The dizzy making thing here? Object B is also a child of Object A, which
appears to be the causing this problem: php still hates references....

> Curt.

> --

> cat .signature: No such file or directory

Thank you for your reply! Think you can help me?

Kind regards,

Eric van Blokland