Re: Local PEAR install confusion

Thanks a ton-

So then that means that the only way to get rid of the warnings is to change the
error reporting level?

Quoting Greg Beaver <cellog@xxxxxxx>:

Colin Andrews wrote:
about 3 months ago I set up a local install of pear on my web host account (a
Any suggestions? Enlightenment?

Hi Colin,

Your setup sounds just fine to me.

The "features.h" message is a bug in PEAR 1.4.4 that is fixed in PEAR 1.4.5 that will be released any day now, and Archive_Tar is a brand new version, so automatic upgrade is disallowed until it can be tested in the wild. THis is because if it were to break PEAR, this would make it difficult to grab any packages. Hwoever, if you would like, upgrading via "pear upgrade --loose Archive_Tar" should work, or "pear upgrade --force Archive_Tar"

You do not need to re-install from scratch. Your host has an older CLI version of PHP than the PHP version used by apache.

Greg