Re: Command line vs Cron

Dan Seibert wrote:
Richard Heyes wrote:

Dan Seibert wrote:

I have a script that connects to a sybase server. It works fine if I launch it from a shell script however, if I try to launch the same script through a cron, I get the message "PHP Fatal Error: call to undefined function sybase_connect..."

Why can I not connect to sybase through a cron but I can through shell?

You may have two instances of the php cli/cgi binary, compiled differently. Try using `locate` or `find` on the cmd line to find them.

Good call on that... I do have 2 php's compiled. Now, how do I tell the cron to look at the other PHP to run that job?

Supply the full path to the correct binary, be it in your scripts' hash bang (ie. the top line: #!/usr/local/bin/php) or in your crontab,
(eg. 0 0 * * * /usr/local/bin/php foo.php)

--
Richard Heyes
http://www.phpguru.org