Re: No forums?

[snip]
Currently, the universe is the way it is and, many believe, it works just
fine. Why should we do anything at all?
[/snip]

Because we have no control over the existance and operation of the universe.
If we did we would have changed it already. Our profound lack of
understanding of the operation of the universe, even with leaders such as
Bohr, Einstein, Feynman, and others prevent us from being able to exert any
control.

There are several PHP forums out there, just none on php.net. Bandwidth
might be a consideration. Administrative workload might be another (you have
noticed that there really isn't a list mod here -- although I was nominated
for the position last week) and the workload for a forum could be several
orders of magnitude higher, which I know from past experience.

The thing that offended some, Roman, was your attitude in the post, as if
you did not know that already. There are several good PHP based boards out
there and the lack of one on php.net does not indicate any distaste for
forums, and from the absence of a forum we cannot deduce anything at all
(proper logic applied) any more than we can deduce something from your not
owning a television set. The possibilities are too open ended.

Furthermore, if you knew all of the potential replies (which you did not,
even though you claimed to) why even open your e-mail editor (which you did)
which, based on the discourse, we could assume that you have a distaste for?

This thread is useless at this point to PHP and helping people solve their
PHP issues. May we end it here?