Re: No forums?

Wow, go away for a few days and holy war breaks out...cool!

Why not one system that supports both without extra work?  The model I'm
thinking of is Google or Yahoo groups(*).  You can access any 'forum'
via a web browser, search, post, reply, etc AND/OR you can subscribe to
any forum and get messages sent to you via email (individual or digest
format).

At work, I sit behind a firewall and web access involves a multi-stop
PITA process so listerservers work well for me there.  At home, forum
access is easier since I can go to the forum site, decide what I want to
read and/or respond to without cluttering up my email client.

Doug

(*) - I am NOT suggesting this forum be configured like Yahoo, the
search function absolutely sucks and I'm not a real fan of the layout,
but the concept of a forum that's a list that's a forum...is what I
like.  For what it's worth, Yahoo has not PHP groups I can find but
there are 33 over at Google with 100 - 1000 members.
This e-mail message has been sent by Kollsman, Inc. and is for the use
of the intended recipients only. The message may contain privileged
or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender immediately.