use SMB share to run php files

Ok been looking into in and know a bit of terminology now.

I have an SMB share on my mac which is my WWWROOT folder on my windows
computer. These files have all permissions enabled so I can edit in
dreamweaver (on mac). All I want to so is setup PHP/Apache so it recognises
the WWWROOT folder and everything under it (folders and files) so it runs
the php.

Do I have to change the userdir in httpd.conf ?? If so how?

Can I have my current folder (http://127.0.0.1/~myname/index.php) in my
Sites folder and add an extra php enabled folder??

Thanks,

Ross