Re: dependable combo boxes with mysql database

It's simply a matter of echoing HTML/ JS statements in PHP. The easiest way to integrate JS into a PHP page is like this -

<?php
	// PHP CODE HERE
	print("<script src=""functions.js""/>")
	// CONTINUE PHP CODE HERE
?>

All your JS code is to be put into the functions.js file. Watch for the correct relative path.

You could also use this method -

<?php
	// PHP CODE HERE
?>
<script src="functions.js"/>
<?php
	// CONTINUE PHP CODE
?>

This is all email-code. There may be some syntax errors, which you'll have to fix at your end. But the gist remains the same. I'd suggest you also spend some time reading the HTML output from your PHP code. It's the best way to learn.

Regards,
Pranav
www.concept-i.co.in

Bhoomi Vora wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But I do not know how to
integrate javascript with php and mysql. I mean
javascript can be written using <script
language=javascript>....code....</script> and fetching
data from mysql is using $query,$result and
$mysql_fetch_array. I am confused how to integrate
this in php page.

If anybody can help on this i will highly appreciate
it, otherwise if this is not the proper question for
this list then i have to go for other options.

Thanks and regards,

Bhoomi

--- "Pranav Negandhi (concept-I)"
<pranav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This might be slightly OT on this list, but here
goes nothing.

1. Submit the form when the user shifts focus from
D1 using Javascript's onBlur event
2. On the server side, use PHP to retrieve the
values for D2 and generate the page again
3. Repeat 1 & 2 when the value of D2 changes.

HTH
Pranav
www.concept-i.co.in

Bhoomi Vora wrote:

Hello All,

I have a php page which contains three combo

boxes.

The first one will have the value
from the mysql database table on page load itself.

Then depending upon the value selected in the

first

combobox the second combo box
should be populated with the respective values

from

another mysql database table, and
once again depending upon the value selected in

second

combobox the third combobox
should be populated with the respective values

from

one more different database table.

I have read through mailing list and also searched

in

google and found that it can be
done with javascript onblur function but nothing

is

working. Here is the code:

.....d similarly

D3 should be populated on event like 'onblur' to

D2.

Pl. give me the exact code or proper guideline how
should I accomplish this on the same page.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks and regards.

BJV

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in