LDAP Paged Search

Hi Folks!
This is my first email to "php-general", and first of all I wish to thank
the developers for their GREAT work! :-)

Well, I don't mean to waste your time, so here follow my question.

I've stared using PHP some months ago, and my last application is an "LDAP
Administration Tool" for IBM ITDS server. It run on AIX and Linux, and I'm
trying to extend it to manage Active Directory too.

The problem is that A.D. only support "Paged search": it gives back the
first N results (N=1000 in my case) each time. There is a particular way
to perform searches that handles this kind of replies, it is usually based
on a cookie that's exchanged between client and server so that the client
can obtain a "cursor" of where the search is arrived, and continue it
until the results are completed.

I've tried to Google-search  to see if someone else already had this
problem and I found that, while PERL resolve it, PHP does not provide a
solution. So I decided to subscribe this list, maybe someone here knows
how to resolve this problem?

  Thanks in advance!
  Claudio