Re: str_split() and errors?

On Wed, October 26, 2005 2:12 pm, Jason Gerfen wrote:
> I am recieving this error in the logs when attempting to split strings
> with str_split().  I am not sure but isn't this a default function for
> PHP, as in there aren't any dependant packages involved during the
> ./confgure time?
>
> Errors:
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  str_split() in file.php
> on line 21

The (PHP 5) notion near the top of this page:
http://php.net/str_split
was intended to inform you that it was added in, and is available only
in, PHP 5 and later.

There may be a backwards-compatible function written in <?php ... ?>
code in PECL or PEAR.

The User-Contributed notes at the above link may also have a function
to duplicate functionality in earlier versions.

Or you could upgrade, of course.

And, of course, in future you'll know to check the version info in the
manual so you'll know right off what's going on.  It's a VERY nice
feature of the on-line manual, I must say.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm