Re: SMTP & PHP: Spam Tagging Problem

On Tue, October 25, 2005 3:27 am, Cabbar Duzayak wrote:
> I am having a problem with my system when sending e-mails to yahoo
> accounts, and it has been baffling me for the last couple of days,
> actually I should say it is driving me crazy...
>
> As I mentioned, I have a cpanel and have 2 domains/sites with
> dedicated IP addresses on my system. The base account has domain name:
> host.mydomain.com with IP address, let's say is x.x.x.x, the first
> domain first.com is x.x.x.[x+1], the second domain second.com is
> x.x.x.[x+2]. And, as you know, all e-mails for both domains are sent
> from host.mydomain.com with source IP as x.x.x.x

Something to consider:

What if, in Yahoo, the SECOND exact same email is tagged as spam
BECAUSE it is a duplicate.

Change up the email subject and body significantly to test this.

> Now, I wrote a php script, and placed it on both sites. It is exactly
> the same script, with only one difference, from address, reply-to
> address, etc. are set to admin@xxxxxxxxx for the first domain and
> admin@xxxxxxxxxx for the second domain.
>
> When I execute this script, it sends an e-mail to a yahoo address. The
> problem is: the e-mail sent from first.com is sent fine meaning it
> reaches the recipient Yahoo INBOX, but the one sent from second.com is
> dropping into Yahoo's Bulk Folder...

You'll never truly know what Yahoo's spam-filtering algorithm is.

You have to live with the fact that some percentage of "real" email
will end up in Bulk, and some percentage of junk will get through into
INBOX.

Unless the user is allowed to whitelist specific addresses or domains,
that's just how it is.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm