Re: ICQ

Hello John,

Am 2005-10-12 13:13:49, schrieb John Hinton:
> Al Hafoudh wrote:
>
> >is it possible to connect to icq,  send messages and etc? thanx
> >
> I looked all over that place for such a function some time back. I did
> find several, but all were very old. The problem was they were all based
> on the ICQ account number. Thinking about allowing such through the ICQ

Sorry, I do not know, what you mean be using "ICQ account numbers"
because it works like this, but since some time ICQ limit the
number of messages sended by an account.

> network was an invitation to easy spamming. Just write a script rolling
> through numbers and sending a message. I believe ICQ disabled this feature.

It limit the number of messages send in ONE minute.

AFAIK it is limited to 16.

> If you find out differently, please post your findings back to this list
> as I have a client with this very request which I was unable to fulfill.
>
> Best,
> John Hinton

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi