Re: Preference for User Permissions system

What I do is have different classes that build upon each other,

authentication & permissions class,
common database access extending PEAR DB.

then i have a custom class for specific actions like editing pages, my database is just either either an email or username and password then another table has permission levels in, permissions for every user are defined in their DB table in a comma seperated list, that way i can create many groups and have a user belong many groups, then page editng for instance can be restricted to specific users or groups, I designed it all to be flexible enough to reuse for all my websites I hope :)

Regards,
James

Richard Davey wrote:
Hi php-general,

  I'm interested to know what everyones preference is for user
  permissions / roles in php apps? For example do you employ a Unix
  style groups system, is there a ready-rolled class or package you
  use, or have you just built your own and stick with it?

Cheers,

Rich