Designing a complicated multipage form with sessions

Hi List

I am quite experienced in PHP.  I have been asked to design a complicated form
in php that spans multiple pages and has many subitems.  For instance if they
select one checkbox, more details are required in the form of a dropdown list
or radio buttons.

It would allow browsing the different pages randomly, and final validation is
only to be performed on the last page.  In case of errors, it would load the
page where the first error is found and display a message and highlight the
faults.

I currently made a list of all vars in an xml file, and associated a page
number for each.  Now when the page loads it looks up the vars used on that
page and loads them from post (if present and stores them in session right
away) or loads them from session if no post is present.

Any ideas for improvements, common pitfalls, etc are highly appreciated.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Now listening to Top! Radio Live www.topradio.be/stream on amaroK