Re: fckeditor and PDF and pesky users

Jochem Maas wrote:

> and the next site that displays a PDF when I wasn't expecting it
> and I have to spend the next five minutes waiting for the b'std to load
> (with the alternative being to KILL the browser - losing all open pages
> in the process) ... might just make me snap ;-)

I agree, those moments are annoying. That's why one needs to make sure
that the user expects, and is aware, that a PDF is going to open down
there in that little <iframe/>. I do not see any motivated use for a PDF
in this fashion on a normal site, but, in a document versioning system
or a CMS, sure, that would be awesome. Otherwise I side with Jochem.

This is not an approach that should be used in any normal web page, it
should be utilized with care, where it is needed, and the user has to be
made aware that when clicking on a specific link, a PDF will be loading.
Otherwise, some poor webmaster's going to have to answer to Jochem, and
they don't want that. ;)

Regards,
Torgny