Re: fckeditor and PDF and pesky users

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Mon, October 17, 2005 3:56 pm, Torgny Bjers wrote:

Also, when using <iframe/> you are weeding out those old browsers that

If somebody else wants to weed out old browsers, that's all fine and
good, but that's not me...

Besides, if this is for an editor interface, for a specific client,
one
could reasonably demand that they use at least one of the newer
browsers
such as IE5+ or Mozilla. If not for a specific client, or subset of
clients, but for a general update of an entire application that is
open
sourced, I agree with Jasper, don't touch it. :)

I personally don't think I should demand editors use a specific browser.

I believe in customer choice.

NOAM CHOMPSKY --> Manufactured Consent

just a loose cannon :-)

For that matter, *I* probably don't use a browser that does this
right, being as I'm usually on Linux, almost always on Netscape, and
very very very rarely do PDF and/or Flash work really right for me.

And you know what?

I very very very seldom care badly enough about any of the content I'm
"missing" and when I do care enough to go get it, I'm disappointed by
the content more often than I'm pleased that I took that effort.

I feel that - most of the all-signing all-dancing 'content' out there
is less substantial as styrofoam and less interesting.

and the next site that displays a PDF when I wasn't expecting it
and I have to spend the next five minutes waiting for the b'std to load
(with the alternative being to KILL the browser - losing all open pages
in the process) ... might just make me snap ;-)

Again, this is obviously MY weird world-view at work here. :-)