Re: Is DOM the right thing for the job?

On Thursday 13 October 2005 12:30 am, Chris wrote:
> Snag #1)
> The DOMDocument seems to represent an entire page, all I'd like to do is
> represent a Form tag and it's internal HTML. I can actually get it to
> work that way, but it seems like it's the wrong way to go about things.
being how XML works you can only have 1 Document Node. So I don't see how this
would be an issue.
You can however create a form DOM Element. it will  be associated with the
document node however again you can't really have more than 1 to begin with
so?

> Snag #2)
> The creation of a DOMElement object is very limited without being
> associated with a DOMDocument, I'd like to create an independent
> DOMElement inside the Element class, including possible sub-DOMElements,
> without having to create the DOMDocument in the Form object..
Why? I don't see any reason to have an Element be separate from the main
Document?
Even tho it will be associated with that Document. you still have full access
as to where it goes.
you could even make that form the main node.

$form = DOMDocument('form');