Is DOM the right thing for the job?

Hey,

I've got a set of classes which represent an HTML form. Right now the Elements return their string representation to the parent, which wraps those in the form tag and supplementary formatting HTML. This method works, but it creates an internal limit as to the design of the form.

I'm hoping to use the DOM to allow each element to return a DOMElement, which the form object can put into it's own DOMElement that represents the form.

I've run into a few snags, and was hoping someone could help, or maybe point at a viable solution which I haven't considered yet.

Snag #1)
The DOMDocument seems to represent an entire page, all I'd like to do is represent a Form tag and it's internal HTML. I can actually get it to work that way, but it seems like it's the wrong way to go about things.

Snag #2)
The creation of a DOMElement object is very limited without being associated with a DOMDocument, I'd like to create an independent DOMElement inside the Element class, including possible sub-DOMElements, without having to create the DOMDocument in the Form object..

I realize after writing this that these don't seem like very serious snags, but I jsut dont' have a fuzzy feeling about the way this would work if I implemented it knowing what I've stated here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris