Re: Obsession with BC, take 2

Robert Cummings schrieb:
> You can use separate engines. The topic has been addresses many times
> already. Set up a second instance of apache and use the ProxyPass system
> to pass control from the primary apache server to a PHP5 enabled apache
> server.

I always thought this complexity is why people are not doing this. I
read about patching the PHP5 sources so the internal names for the
module do not collide with those for PHP4. Then it's possible for bothe
modules to coexist in a single Apache instance. Why ist this not made
standard behaviour?

Oliver