RE: Obsession with BC

Perhaps I'm missing something but doesn't Apache hand off to PHP before
it looks at anything inside the file? Doesn't it hand it off at the fact
that the target is SomeFile.php. So the tag <?php4/5/6/X doesn't mean
anything since by the time the tag gets read it's already in PHP4 or 5
or 6. So the tags can't be used. On the other hand you COULD name the
files .php4, .php5 and set apache to pass .php4 files to php4 and .php5
files to php5.. You can already do this as far as I know.

James Kilbride