Re: Can I call .html file as a form action instead of .php?

Michael Crute wrote:
On 10/10/05, *Richard Lynch* <ceo@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ceo@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    In addition to the Good column, let me add this:

    Once I made all my .html files go through PHP, I found myself adding a
    lot of cool little snippets to my files that I wouldn't have bothered
    with if I had to re-name the file, fix all the links, worry about
    search engines "losing" my page, etc.

    I would encourage anybody but the most hard-core million-hits-per-day
    super-stressed folks to just go ahead and use PHP on .htm and .html

Except its terrible form and not at all portable.

I don't do this myself (I leave extensions off PHP files instead, but that's another story...), but it is reasonably portable -- every web host I've ever dealt with supports .htaccess files; just put the following line in an .htaccess file in the root of your application.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer