Handling competing edits in a wiki engine?

Hi All,

I've recently been working on building my own wiki engine for my blog
site. While the majority of the engine is complete, a remaining concern
I have is how to handle competing edits (ie when two or more people are
editing the same wiki page simultaneously).

I'm wondering if anyone else on the list has given this some thought?
How would / do you handle competing edits to the same entry in a wiki
application?

Just to add a little extra information: all 'edits' are in fact
'inserts'. Entries are stored in a mysql table. The engine simply
displays the most recent record for the entry being viewed. This is, of
course, to allow for retrieval of an historical version of the entry
should one or more entries be vandalized.

Much warmth,

Murrray @ PlanetThoughftul
---
"A man, a canoe, and a dream to climb Mt Everest..."
http://www.planetthoughtful.org