Re: Testing a String for 'most' Capitalised

Greg Donald wrote:
On 10/10/05, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I AM NOT THE OP THANKS, I'm quite capable of solving
such a problem without the help of people who don't bother
to think beyond 'sample data' ...

Yeah, everyone should read minds automatically, I agree.

I guess reading the question was out of the question?

and as for me not being the OP - might I suggest a decent
new reader or mail client so you can actually view the
thread structure?

It's bloody obvious that
the data in question (sample or not) will not be in an order
that means the string with the most capital letters will be
'top of the list' after a sort().

No sense in getting your panties in a bloody wad.  Did I say that
right? I so rarely get to use 'bloody' in programming conversation.

you didn't say that right IFAICT. try exchanging 'wad' for 'panties'
- now you have an idiom.

The code I posted works with the sample data provided.  Sorry if it

right. but it doesn't answer the question, so you have probably
confused the OP (or the confusion will arise some four weeks after having
implemented your suggestion when he realises _something_ is not working as it
should) - although given the direction of this thread he has no
more excuse for not knowing that your cute trick will get him into 'trouble'.

bothers you that I didn't test it with a full dictionary word list.

the oxford abridged version would have sufficed. ;-)

*shrug* is rather blasee btw.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blasee

Blase?  Why yes..  that's me in a nutshell.

my point being that 'blase' is not a positive attribute
for an engineer. we can agree to disagree on that one though!

"the blase NASA launch engineer didn't bother to check
 the fuel line all the way through because it had passed
all the checks on a previous run."

"BOOOOOOM"

--
Greg Donald