Re: [Off] How much time should this take?

I must admit that this seems a little excessive to me.
I don't work much with RH, but what is involved:
 - install a minimal redhat(I've installed other distros in as little
as 15 mins. An hour seems reasonable)
 - configure/install apache ( assuming he is using RPM's, which I'd
recommend for stability, this should take a few mins. Otherwise 30
mins seems reasonable)
 - configure/install php ( assuming no exotic requirements, php could
be installed from rpms in 45 seconds)
 - configure/installl mysql(including a/c management)(installation
from rpms, copying the dbs across could be done as simply as using the
correct mysqldump, mysql and netcat combination(assuming the machines
are networked)
 - configure/install a named
 - lock down the machine(
  - Assuming an hour for RH installation, and 30 mins for each
package, that is 3 hours so far. 9 hours seems quite a lot for
post-install configuration, and securing, particularly since  most(not
all) of the security is integrated into the previous steps.

granted this is a vanilla rpm system, but given the requirements, can
anyone suggest a reason why not to go for a vanilla rpm system. With
rpms you have the benefit testing that is done by rh labs as well as
thousands of other  users. The only testing of custom compiles is that
which you do yourself.

I think a professional should take a lot less time.