Re: [Off] How much time should this take?

Wigs @Claw wrote:

Hi guys ,  sorry for responding if this message is a bit off topic!

Id have to say that you are assuming no glitches come into play with that response.

I just recently had to do a Red Hat install , with Apache , MySQL and the works. The install of Redhat ran into some issues with drivers on the older hardware , and this caused an obscene amount of time to the process.

That's why I said if you have a fast computer with *compatible* hardware"

And if you have *never* touched DNS , I doubt you would want to rely on a couple hours to figure it out and leave it.

probably true but I wouldn't charge a client for the time it took me to figure out something I should know before I take the job unless they specifically know and accept that condition a head of time.

Testing time also adds to the figure , and I think its quite possible that if there were hiccups ,

Most hiccups can be avoided if you make sure you know exactly what hardware you have and make sure it is compatible first.

and if this consultant did proper testing etc , it could be close to 12. But you know the job more in depth than me.

Testing would add time but with the condition's I listed I still think it could be done in 6 hours.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want & give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com