Re: Session expires randomly

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 19:43, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Mauricio Pellegrini wrote:
>
> > You were right! That was exactly the problem
> > after reading your message, I 've verified the value for gc_maxlifetime
> > and found that it was set to 1440 secs in other words 24 minutes.
> >
> > Thank you for that.
> >
> > But, now I need to come up with something to avoid this behaviour.
> >
> > The problem is that there's a second php application ruuning on the same
> > server and I don't want to change the default for gc_maxlilfetime,
>

> Why not just change it on your pages?  The manual says it can get changed
> anywhere... so just make a call to ini_set() on your pages and other
> scripts will remain unaffected.
>
> ?

Well I`ve just tryed that but didn't work.

I think that ini_set("session.gc_maxlifetime","28800") is useless,
because after setting the value for gc.maxlifetime the scripts ends
normally.

 I mean the html is displayed and the application waits for user input.
But at that time ( after the script has finished ) the original value
for session.gc_maxlifetime is restored (defaults to 1440).

So , does any one have any other ideas?

Thanks
Mauricio