Re: PHP vs. ColdFusion

On Wed, August 24, 2005 7:32 am, Rick Emery wrote:
> Quoting Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Just for a test case, write a 10-line ASP script that does something
>> similar, if much simpler, and pound on it on the same box with the
>> Padcom clients.
>
> I did that when the problem first appeared. Great minds think alike
> :-)
>
>> I'm betting you'll have the SAME ISSUE, and that the problem has
>> NOTHING to do with PHP whatsoever.
>
> And you'd win that bet. I thought that would be the proof I'd need to
> show that it wasn't PHP, but management has some notion that PHP might
> have somehow tainted IIS.

Install it on a different box, which has IIS/ASP, and *NO* PHP was
ever installed.

It can be any old box out of the closet, that you wipe and install
Windows, IIS, ASP and NOTHING else.

Same bug?

Then it CANNOT be a PHP bug, can it?

Even PHB from Dilbert should understand that one...

Though, honestly, it sounds like they just aren't going to listen to
facts -- not even the ones about how much this is costing them.

I may not be making ends meet, but I sure am happy not to have to put
up with this kind of crap any more :-v

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm