Re: Mac OS X file name encoding problem

Jasper,

thanks for your answer,

Il giorno 23/ago/05, alle ore 2:38 PM, php-general-digest- help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ha scritto:

Da: Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Data: 23 agosto 2005 0:39:32 PM GMT+02:00
A: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re:  Mac OS X file name encoding problem

Giulio wrote:

I have a problem with a script when it is runs on a Mac OS X environment.
[snip]
The problem appears when $filename contains special characters, like accented chars, on Mac OS X the ftp_fput function returns me an error. I thinked that the problem could depend on the filesystem encoding, that on Mac OS X is Unicode, so I tryied this before:
$filename = utf8_encode($filename);

Wouldn't it be utf8_decode(), since you're trying to go *from* a Unicode filesystem (Mac OS X)?

At the moment, just trying to isolate the problem, I assign the $filename value directly from the php script, and not from a posted form, so I assume that the variable content encoding is ISOLatin1 ( the encoding of PHP ).

Anyway, trying utf8_decode I have gain an error on the ftp_fput function...

Regards,

       Giulio

Jasper