Re: Looking for CMS advice

Everyone has already told you about opensourcecms.org, which is a really good site to test things out. However, about 6 months ago I had to do research for the same kind of thing. As of now with the split of the Mambo dev team from the parent company Miro I think I would go with Dupral because who knows when Mambo or whatever the fork of Mambo by the dev team is going to back on it's feet again. Even with that said I've been working with Mambo for about 6 months as well and I must say it's the easiest CMS that I have ever worked with. The component/module coding is a no brainer and the documentation is pretty good (it was getting better but with the dev team gone who knows). At any rate I would say check out Dupral, Mambo, and XOOPS. Then decide what you need and which one has the most features that you need. I choose Mambo for the fast development of customization of features, the huge community (that now seems split), and the vast number of 3rd party modules that have already been written. :)