Re: 'God' has spoken... :-)

l0t3k wrote:
not only encoding support, but internationalized date/time/number formatting support (including spellout), collation, breakiteration and transliteration. in many respects we'll be on par with Java I18N support. To see what will be available, see

http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/

thanks for the link l0t3k. :-)

and look at the topics on the left

l0t3k

"Jochem Maas" <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:43009F3A.40102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the biggest gain in php6 will be transparent unicode support - that is awesome, a really big plus - I'm crap at encoding et al and would really love it if php could handle all those funny characters without me having to think about it too much (and without having to using mb_string or iconv) - I run a couple of multi-lingual sites - right now I just pray every night that nobody asks me to implement japanese,
or something, there ;-)