Re: 'God' has spoken... :-)

not only encoding support, but internationalized date/time/number formatting
support (including spellout), collation, breakiteration and transliteration.
in many respects we'll be on par with Java I18N support. To see what will be
available, see

http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/

and look at the topics on the left

l0t3k