Re: Re: Everything works...Unless they hit the "back" button...

Jack Jackson wrote:

Kristen G. Thorson wrote:

You said "If the user makes changes, those changes get error checked but do not become part of the sql query." Where in your code is it failing to become part of the query? Put a check at each level and see where *exactly* it fails to get deep enough to become one with the query. Also, I'm confused. I asked if the query was what you're expecting, and you answered yes, which implies the data becomes part of the query.

Thanks for this; yes I was confused before and thank you for the clarification.

Now I am confused by how to check the logic: I echo out the sql as it is built, and if I'm going forward in the questionnaire it shows clearly but

$qidlist_sql="DELETE FROM teresa WHERE q_id IN (" . (implode(",",$qidlist)) . ");";
echo "<br /><br />";
echo "<br />\$ cqidlist_sql:" . $qidlist_sql . "<br />";

               $q_a_sql="INSERT INTO teresa (u_id, q_id, a_id )
                VALUES " . (implode(",",$qanda)) . ";";

                 mysql_query($qidlist_sql);

echo "<br /><br />";
echo "<br />\$ q_a_sql:" . $q_a_sql . "<br />";

                  if($q_a_result = mysql_query($q_a_sql))
                    {
                      unset($_SESSION['required_fields']);
                      $cat = $_POST['cat']+1;
                      include_once(QUESTIONS . 'q.inc');
                    }

shows NOTHING if I hit the BACK button. I'm still not seeing where the logic error is which makes it so that when I hit the BACK button it loses the plot.

Sorry for my misunderstanding
JJ

Keep going backwards. It looks like maybe you've got an IF statement that you're not getting past. Find where that is, and why it's evaluating to false. If it's outputting *nothing*, then you're not evening reaching those echo statements. Make a note after every IF statement, something like

echo "Inside if( this == that )";

So you know which blocks of code are being processed.

kgt