Re: Re: Everything works...Unless they hit the "back" button...

Hi Kristen, there's a misunderstanding:

Kristen G. Thorson wrote:
The code below isn't much help to debug. Do some checking to figure out how far into your IF statement you're getting. Is the query running?

Yes it runs successfully

Is it the query you expect?

Yes it is perfect, and provided this is a new session and we're going forward page by page, it properly deletes from and inserts to the db as expected

(Step #1 when inserting or creating dynamic
queries that aren't working: print them out to make sure they are what you think they are.) Is the category being incremented?

Yes, absolutely

You say you can go back, but you can't go forward.

Actually no. In a new session, I can start and go forward page by page to the end of the questionnaire, advancing each stage perfectly, storing all values exactly as I'd expect.

The trouble starts if, during the process, the user hits the BACK button. At that point, user can reload the last page of questions, displaying the answers they gave. If the user makes changes, those changes get error checked but do not become part of the sql query. Also, user can not move forwards any more. So it's as the subject says - everything works...until they hit the back button, from which point the whole thing goes gablooey.

Look at the page source, is the
form action what it should be?

Yes

  Look at the form hidden variables (if
any) are they what you expect?
No. $cat remains what it was BEFORE the user hit the BACK button. However the questions dispayed are from the $cat which is in fact $cat-1

??!!