Re: String to Stream

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
What I would like to be able to do is take a string and place it into a 'resource' so I can use functons like fscanf, fseek to process the
string.

Is this possible? If so, how?

p.s. While I would be interested in possible alternative solutions, I would like to know how to accomplish this task even if it does not end up being the solution I use.
[/snip]

If you place the string into a variable then you would be able to work
with it that way.

Using what functions?

Part of the point was not to need to keep track of the current location in the string, etc...basically things that streams tend to handle well.

There are probably better functions for dealing with a
string than the ones you have mentioned (fseek is a file pointer).

'like fscanf, fseek'

--
== Eric Gorr =============================== http://www.ericgorr.net ===
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for temporal safety