Re: Re: Building sapi_apache2

On 6 Jul 2005, at 23:02, Richard Lynch wrote:

I suppose I should go read some documentation about what sapi_apache2
actually means/does... Nah. I won't have time to play with it anyway.
Why torture myself?

I'll send you a beer?  :)

My current theory, with no supporting evidence whatsoever, is that
sapi_apache2 was a short-lived development "feature" that Plesk unwisely
relied upon to detect Apache 2...

i did read the README's in the apache2handler folder In the source for 5.0.4, and it did say that the feature was "EXPERIMENTAL". I read through the makefiles, and I'm no expert on Make or autoconf, but it looks like building an apache SAPI module should include the sapi_apache2 module. I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't get included or reported though.

Frustratingly, if I grep the entire Plesk folder for the string sapi_apache2:

# grep -r sapi_apache2 ./*
Binary file ./admin/sbin/websrvmng matches
grep: warning: ./admin/conf/conf: recursive directory loop

That's all I get, so it's not even something that I could fix myself... :( Thanks for your help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
gaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx