Re: imagegif() unable to open temporary file

On Tue, July 5, 2005 1:22 pm, James said:
> I would then guess the permission error is with the directory stated.
>
> ie /path/to/. Have you tried modifying the directory the script resides in
> to allow public write access?

Woof.

There is NO WAY that you should be required to have a world-writable
directory with a PHP script somebody can surf to in it!

I'm not saying the configuration isn't so messed up that that's not the
"problem" but the root problem then is that the tmp dir has been set to
"./" or something equally stupid.

That's just a dangerous configuration.

World-writable directories in your web-tree are a Bad Idea.

So if making your script directory world-writable "fixes" it; you know
that your tmp_dir setting is wrong.  Set the directory back to not
world-writable. Then use phpinfo() to figure out how/why/where tmp_dir got
reset, and fix the root problem.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm