From: W Luke [mailto:wtluke@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 12:18 AM
To: PHP Lists
Subject:  Group By problems

Hi,

I used to have problems with this in Cold Fusion - and I'm still
struggling this time in PHP!

Very basic.  Looping over 2 tables - an email table, and a data-table.
 I'm using * just for ease for the time being:

SELECT * FROM f_c_users,f_comments WHERE fcEmail=cemail GROUP by fcEmail

If there are more than one records in the data table *per* email, then
I want to group them into one email per user.  Instead of sending
10/20/100 emails per person for each record in the data-table.  So I
just want to collate everyone's data into one email.

Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers

--
Will