Re: PHP vs. ColdFusion

Andrew Scott wrote:
Hey it's not my fault that this stupid list needs a reply all!

While I agree with Jay that this is degrading into a meaningless slanging match (of which I hope I have not caused) but I feel that I must respond to your comments despite your personal attacks.

I am going to guess Stut, that you don't know even know what the difference
between a singleton instantiated object is to a standard instantiated
object?

I don't see the relevance of singletons when it comes to this discussion. The architecture that PHP utilises means it can handle as many concurrent requests as the web server will allow it to. If I understand the J2EE model correctly, and I've said before that my knowledge of it is sketchy at best, you create a number of instances of the application and the application server handles distributing requests between them. This is the same model as PHP except that there is an extra layer between the web server and the application itself in J2EE - namely the application server.

If I have this completely wrong please say so, but for $DEITYs sake don't simply say I have it wrong again without explaining why.

You seem to be intent on skirting around telling us precisely what makes J2EE a better solution in your opinion. I would be more than happy to hear about it and take it on board because it might convince me to investigate whether it might be worth getting to know it better. I'm sure most other people on this list are also open to learning about alternatives. But until you actually back up your statements rather than turning to personal attacks there will be no benefit to anyone.

You know for a php developer your really don't know your own product to
well, and by your statement of no known security issues with an installer
package (one file to execute to setup everything you need and in the right
locations) not 3 packages one with the binaries one with the libraries and
the third with partial of the other 2. And if you bothered to read the text
in your chosen language you would know about the security issues.

Ok that was an extraordinarily spectacular sentence that means very little. "The text"?? What text? I see no reference to security issues directly related to the Win32 installer on the PHP website. If I'm suffering from temporary blindness I would appreciate a URL or other reference so I can see more clearly.

-Stut