Re: Weird Image Problem

Kristen G. Thorson wrote:
MySQL blobs are actually limited to 64K. I think a MEDIUMBLOB holds about 16 MB if you're dead-set on storing the image in the database. You might want to check that your max_allowed_packets size is large enough. You can find that by querying

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet';

I just double-checked the manual. It does say that this needs to be set to the largest blob.

kgt

doh!

That seems to have been the problem. I THOUGHT I had set the field up as a mediumblob or longblob.... turns out it was only a blob.. and you're right.. ~64k max

I had already checked the MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET yesterday and bumped it up to 16M.

Figures...  I've been staring at the computer screen too long.

Thanks for the help.