Re: PHP vs. ColdFusion

Andrew Scott wrote:
OK.

What is J2EE, if you know the answer to that then you will know that php
doesn't have the ability to run as multiple instances. Lets take security
for example, php is known to not have an installer because of security
correct me if I am wrong on this assumption. I am only going by what I hear
here.

First of all PHP does have installation utilities. There's one for Win32, there's the port in FreeBSD and I'm sure there are others (RPMs and the like).

Multiple instances in what sense? If you mean multiple servers running the same application this is very possible with PHP. If that's not what you mean please elaborate.

So with that in mind let's talk about shared hosting, can you run php and
know that your website is secured in a shared hosting environment. That's
what J2EE is all about, being able to run multiple instance of an
application and CF can do this extremely well and be extremely secured.

What does J2EE provide that makes it any more secure in a shared hosting environment than PHP? Again you have made a statement without explaining the reasons behind it.

-Stut