__PHP_Incomplete_Class

I am having problems retrieving objects stored in a
session.  When they are retrieved, they are incomplete
objects (__PHP_Incomplete_Class Object).

I've done some research and this seems to be a common
problem, typically solved by setting the
session.auto_start to off.  However this setting is
off (confirmed by phpinfo()).

So why would my object, instantiated and stored in the
session, not be retrieved properly?

PAGE DETAILS FOR INCLUDES AND FUNCTION CALLS:
I thumbnails.php5 instantiates an Object and places it
in the session (this works).  The same page, when
reloaded, pulls the object from the session and makes
use of it (this does not work).

My page uses a header.php5 include file to call
session_start().  Next a
require_once("classloader.php5") performs the
autoload.

I'm using php5 on windows xp (also linux).

The error is here:

[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  main() [<a
href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: The script
tried to execute a method or access a property of an
incomplete object. Please ensure that the class
definition "Gallery" of the object you are trying to
operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets
called or provide a __autoload() function to load the
class definition  in
C:\\code\\jaysphotos\\local-apache-webapp\\web\\thumbnails.php5
on line 127, referer:
http://localhost/jaysphotos/thumbnails.php5?page=p2