I can't cURL

I was able to modify the ebay login example that was provided on
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/examples/ to login to a billing portal that
I am trying to access. by doing that I am able to open the home.asp page.
What I am wanting is to be able to keep my logon and open billing.asp as if
I had clicked on the link.  the link on the page is just a standard link

<A HREF="billing.asp">Billing Reports</A></U>

when I add a third part to the hacked  example

// 3- Try to get billing page
$GetThisURL = "*******/billing.asp";
$reffer = "*******/home.asp";

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$GetThisURL);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, $reffer);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, $cookie_file_path);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, $cookie_file_path);
$result= curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

all I am able to get is the login page again.  I don't have any idea what to
even try since I have never used cURL before.  One thing that I know is that
by clicking on billing.asp link the server does some stuff and you end up at
billing_histories.asp.  Does that mean that I should be looing for some sort
of GET or POST operation that I am not seeing?

This javascript is also on the homepage.  Does this somehow affect what I am
trying to do?  If so is there a way to work around it?

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
<!--
function respond(n) {
 frmSpecialDelivery.action = document.all.SubmitPage.value +
"?respond=yes&which=" + n + "&returnto=" + document.all.calledfrom.value
 frmSpecialDelivery.submit();
}
function sendit() {
 frmEmail.action = document.all.SubmitPage.value + "?sendmail=yes&which=" +
document.all.id.value + "&returnto=" + document.all.calledfrom.value
 frmEmail.submit()
}
function closeit() {
 window.location = document.all.calledfrom.value

}

function initialize() {
 document.location="filedownload.asp?DFID=" + "&returnto=" +
document.all.calledfrom.value
}
-->
</SCRIPT>