Re: MMcache question

    The use of mmcache (try eaccelerator btw!) is not visible
without some stress on the server. Try building a rahter complex PHP
script, which does some crazy iterations but without DB connections
and such things which are not related to PHPs abilities and
use ab (apache benchmark tool) to issue many simultaneous requests
to that page; do it a few times, with mmcache and without mmcache enabled
and will surely see the differences.
    No! You don't have to rewrite your application. What mmacache does is
to keep a "bytecode" version of the script available so that PHP won't have
to reparse the script every time, which is expensive and also has a nice code optimizer.
    On heavy loaded sites and on sites that use lots of libraries and objects
mmcache (eaccelerator) does a perfect job.

Catalin