How do I create an Outlook calendar entry?

I was on Avis' car rental site the other day and booked a reservation, then
they had a button that automatically added an entry into MS Outlook for the
details, dates, times, etc. it was very nice!

Anyone have some code or pear class or anything that does this?

I am guessing I have to use COM, but this is all new to me. I am expert PHP
and OO level though.